Food Ingredients Operations: Process Utility
Position Reports To:
Directly: Shift Supervisor
Indirectly: Plant Manager and Operations Manager
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE
Responsible for the operation of the plant while working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule. Assist Process Mill Operator in the production of wheat protein by safely monitoring equipment and product to ensure operations are within parameters set by of PureField. Responsible for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors to receive daily tasks and obtain information about daily production parameters.
- Walk through plant hourly to monitor production by sight, smell, touch and hearing to identify possible production problems.
- Constantly review the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Inform Shift Supervisor of any discrepancies in sample test results.
- Clean work areas according to master cleaning schedule to ensure a safe, clean work environment and to keep in accordance with the SQF policies and procedures.
- Assist Process Operator and Shift Supervisor as requested to maintain plant operations and safety.
- Attend all SQF food safety and safety meetings.
- Cover shifts for other Process Operators and General Utility Workers as needed.
- Light maintenance and repairs as needed
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Follow the procedures of the Safe Work programs, including Confined Space, Hot Work, and Lock-out Tag-out.
- Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Understand and follow all SQF and FSMA policies.
Education / Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Relevant safety equipment, policies and procedures.
- Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
Skills and Abilities
- Observe gauges, DCS, or other indicators to ensure equipment is working properly.
- Listen to and communicate information.
- Quickly and skillfully adjust controls as required.
- Work and cooperate with all members of PureField in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
- Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit stand, climb, bend and walk.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Significant time will be spent in the plant.
- May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, airborne particles, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb ladder.
- Must be able to speak and listen clearly.
- Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy.
This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.
- All candidates must have a high school education or equivalent
- Pre-employment screening, including drug testing and criminal background checks