PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE
In this full-time position, the employee will be expected to work daily to increase grain net margins and volume by building relationships with local producers, as well as calling on new accounts. The employee will be expected to provide excellent customer service and work well with suppliers in a courteous and professional manner. All duties should be performed in accordance with company policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Grain Origination: Procure grain from local producers and call on new accounts.
- Establishing relationships and expanding our customer base with new growers.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers.
- Work with producers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and form marketing plans.
- Coordinate logistics/transportation of grain
- Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Understand grain weighing and grading procedures and policies.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately.
- Provide excellent customer service and work well with suppliers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required and ability to learn and utilize GP Ag accounting software.
- Ability to speak to small groups.
- Inform management of grain movements and other local news that may impact local buying efforts.
- Provide, as required, reports to management and be a good team player.
- Work extended hours during peak seasons.
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business
- Experience in grain industry
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and expertise of feed grain and wheat industries
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good business judgment.
- Manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to anticipate needs and accomplish necessary tasks
- Strong motivational ability and decision-making capabilities
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- All candidates must have a high school education or equivalent
- Pre-employment screening, including drug testing and criminal background checks