National Accounts Manager
Position Reports To
As a key member of the Commercial team reporting directly to the CCO, the National Accounts Manager is responsible for the development, growth, and profitability of assigned accounts. The successful candidate will plan, present, and implement product solutions for specific national and regional accounts in which cultivating relationships, strategic planning, and account leadership are critical to customer success and profitability. The National Accounts Manager is expected to demonstrate business leadership through developing partnerships, maintaining relationships, presenting opportunities, and implementing solutions within their accounts while representing PureField as an ongoing strategic partner for delivering the product and service solutions enabling customer success. Effective collaboration across internal and external influences is critical to successfully address customer needs with PureField ’s products and solutions. This position partners closely with leaders and frontline roles within sales, operations, R&D, finance, and beyond to organize customer-specific teams for successful execution. Competitive applicants will be comfortable working independently, exhibiting and/or developing a strong voice to drive and deliver results, and striving to find a better way every day.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer product needs, engaging large complex customer accounts at multiple levels.
- Establish, outline, and deliver successful short and long-term regional strategic plans for account initiatives with PureField product solutions.
- Utilize strategic, disciplined go to market process to provide timely resolution to customer focused opportunities, conflict resolution and technical solutions.
- Lead cross-functional customer teams and collaborate across R&D and manufacturing to explore opportunities and bring desired product solutions to market.
- Strategically prospect and determine the best approaches for creating and maintaining profitable activity, within existing, recently acquired, or developmental accounts.
- Identifies and communicates with appropriate account stakeholders, maintaining ideal relationships and customer interactions.
- Serve as lead PFI contact in periodic contract negotiations to secure volume and profit contribution to the Company’s results.
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate of contract negotiation outcomes and lead the dialogue between PureField and the customer(s) on resolving differences in contract terms and conditions.
- Drive growth within respective accounts to meet the sales targets established in collaboration with PureField leadership.
- Align ongoing account efforts against PureField ’s strategic goals and priorities.
- Report and monitor weekly/monthly sales and profit results; Compile customer business reporting as required.
- Participate in monthly forecasting and planning in support of optimum operational efficiency.
- Participate in regional tradeshows, product demonstrations, and plant tours, as needed.
- Must be able to travel extensively (50% – 80%).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability and experience in successfully negotiating sales and supply agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional, collaborative efforts to ensure successful execution of complex projects within established timelines.
- Possesses an understanding of modern manufacturing capabilities, particularly within processes and applications impacting the manufacturing of food products.
- Demonstrative ability to navigate multiple software applications, user interfaces, and digital technologies.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Able to effectively manage time within a schedule of competing priorities and tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, sales, marketing; food science or equivalent discipline preferred; Will consider relevant professional experiences. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years experience in selling or marketing within the food industry and/or solutions-based ingredients systems (or equivalent).
- At least 10-15 years of experience demonstrating an ability to expand customer accounts driving sales and profitability growth.