Food Ingredients Operations: General Utility
Position Reports To:
Directly: Shift Supervisor
Indirectly: Plant Manager and Operations Manager
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE
Assist Mill & Process operators in the production of wheat protein by safely monitoring equipment and product to ensure operations are within parameters set by of PureField Ingredients. Responsible for supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors to receive daily tasks and obtain information about daily production parameters.
- Assist in collecting samples, observing and learning sampling techniques, recording results and labeling samples for lab analysis.
- Observe loading of midds and bulk gluten trucks.
- Clean work areas according to master cleaning schedule to ensure a safe, clean work environment and to keep in accordance with the SQF policies and procedures.
- Inspect and clean assigned magnets and document findings according to food safety policies.
- Assist Mill & Process Operator and Shift Supervisor as requested to maintain plant operations and safety.
- Attend all SQF food safety and safety meetings.
- Light maintenance and repairs as needed
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Follow the procedures of the Safe Work programs, including Confined Space, Hot Work, and Lock-out Tag-out.
- Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Understand and follow all SQF and FSMA policies.
Education / Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Relevant safety equipment, policies and procedures.
- Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
Skills and Abilities
- Observe gauges, DCS, or other indicators to ensure equipment is working properly.
- Listen to and communicate information.
- Quickly and skillfully adjust controls as required.
- Work and cooperate with all members of PureField Ingredients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
- Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit stand, climb, bend and walk.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Significant time will be spent in the plant.
- May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, airborne particles, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb ladder.
- Must be able to speak and listen clearly.
- Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy.
This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.
- All candidates must have a high school education or equivalent
- Pre-employment screening, including drug testing and criminal background checks